Palmyra Temple

Palmyra Temple

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Service and Studies

Hey you crazies! :) I have loved learning more about Jesus Christ. Between reading Jesus the Christ, watching the new bible videos, and studying scriptures on Christ I feel like a whole new world has been opened up in my gospel understanding and looking at the same situations from a different angle. I'm really trying to use this time to become a "master teacher" as President Francis would call it, so I can teach my kids one day! Tuesday first thing in the morning we went and gave S a blessing before her surgery. We came back to our apartment to do studies and I learned about the desire of our hearts in Alma! Such a cool subject! We filled out E. Rushton's accident report online. We had dinner with M and went over to the N to discuss some things with his investigating friend! We got our truck(which I like better) in place of our Toyota, but we will drive our Toyota to Fayette for the specialized training, and drop it off to get fixed! And our new phone came, what a blessing! We spent a long time transferring contacts over because there was over six hundred contacts and most of them were totally random. I don't know why but in my journal I wrote about the importance of developing talents, skills, and abilities. Because that is why we are here on earth to learn, and to find enjoyment in our experiences. I also wrote about life being fragile, M and a few people in our ward are having health problems suddenly and are really seeing that we are not immortal yet. I am grateful for my healthy body! :) Thursday I focused my study on the ministering of angels. It was a very good opportunity to be directed and taught by the spirit! One of the things I learned is that much like Christ's visit to the nephites he could not explain all the subjects he spoke about fully, and some could not even be written. Instead the spirit of faith, and revelation can teach us the things in between the broader subjects. M went in for surgery on his stomach in the morning and we went and helped the R move in Niagara Falls. They live in this old house that they have made into this fun little artsy and family centered home. It was a big move but I'm glad we were able to be there to help them! While I was shredding some paper their little daughter C wanted to help. I suddenly felt the feeling of what it would be like to be a dad, so I was enthusiastic about her helping. As we continued to shred I felt Christlike love as she didn't talk but just smiled, and giggled. Later that night we helped make dinner for M! We went over to the L to teach J a lesson and it was the best lesson! But before it we hung out with J for a minute before the girls came home. When the girls came home C F had spent the afternoon with them getting their nails done! Yay for fellowshipping! We had a lesson with C, J, and us lit by a candle lamp because the lights weren't working. We focused on gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon, she was really feeling the spirit and even got a little teary eyed. As we testified I felt power. C was an amazing help in the lesson and knew exactly where we were leading....So drum role please....J is getting Baptized! We are so excited for her! She even wants to go on a mission already and we haven't taught her the Plan Of Salvation yet! Haha My Saturday morning studies were truly inspired because I am studied the conference talks "The Greatest Generation of Young Adults"- M. Russell Ballard "Where Justice, Love and Mercy Meet" - Jeffery R. Holland And "Like a Broken Vessel" - Jeffery R. Holland we talked with J that morning while helping him with chores about how to combat life's setbacks. I figured that just like anything else we have to sometimes, not think about it and quoting Nike here... "just do it!" Whether it be with our marriages, reading scriptures, going to school, work, family home evening. "Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, FEAST upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do." -2 Nephi 32:3 Sunday we had a regional broadcast and it was very spiritual and uplifting. My favorite talk was by Linda S. Reeves on helping others and ourselves use the the atonement:) Love, Elder Crowley

No comments:

Post a Comment